Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolutions

I've never been one to make New Years resolutions....likely because I know how hard they are to keep, but this year I decided I'm going to try and make more time for myself.... to do the things I enjoy...yes, making cards and scrapbooking, but other things too.....Work less and play more....that's what I resolve to do!

Now, my first card of the year is one I did for my sister-in-law. Her New Years resolution was to quit smoking, and I am so proud of her, so far so good. I'm an ex-smoker and know first hand how hard it is to quit. I was having alot of trouble coming up with ideas for a card....everything was all too cutesy, and knowing the withdrawls my SIL was going through, cutesy wasn't going to cut it. I called Cheri to help me out with it, she too knew what Mel would be going through, and she suggested the great image (Lilith the Vampire from Lil Loita), and that perfect sentiment (Tiddly Inks).


Now....I'm off to bed.....I think I should have resolved to start going to bed earlier....nah... would have already broke that resolution LOL!










4 comments:

Graphicat said...

OMG! Shell this is AWESOME! I Looooove those papers! Its perfect the way it is and you've TOTALLY given me a plan for an upcoming card!
Great job! And I have fingers, toes, legs, arms and anything else I can crossed for Mel....the worst is yet to come I fear.
Hugs
Cheri

Tanya S said...

Wow this ROCKS girl!!I just love that sentiment!Your coloring is FAB!!And those colors and papers!!Whooowee!!

Eulanda said...

HOLI CRAP I LOVE IT!! There's just something fabulous about pink/white & black. Awesome image, coloring and sentiment. That pink zebra ribbon is perfect!! ooooh this is so wicked pretty!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! OMG your coloring is amazing!! I love this card!! I love the pink & black together it looks so sharp!